These soft, chewy brownies are a versatile treat — simply match the toppings to any special occasion throughout the year. They are sure to become a new favorite for years to come!
For Halloween, the rich flavor of the brownie is delicious when paired with festive candy corn and a marshmallow topping.
You can also bring along the brownies to your next tailgating party and replace the candy corn with candies representing your favorite team’s colors — or, during the winter holidays, sprinkle red and green colored sugar over marshmallows after removing the pan of brownies from the oven.
Rocky road brownies recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup White Lily Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping ingredients (Halloween version)
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
1/2 cup candy corn
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix melted butter, eggs and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Add to flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted one inch from center comes out barely moist (do not over bake).
- Melt 2 cups chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Spread over hot brownies.
- Top brownies with miniature marshmallows, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired, and candy corn. Bake 2 to 3 more minutes until marshmallows begin to melt. Microwave 1/3 cup chocolate chips in uncovered microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir until melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over marshmallows, chopped nuts and candy corn. Allow to cool to room temperature. Chill in refrigerator. Remove from pan, peel off foil and cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars
Instructions for cutting brownies: Lift cooled brownies out of pan by holding onto the aluminum foil. Place onto a flat surface. Cut into 24 bars using a large chef’s knife or a plastic kitchen knife. If brownies stick to blade, dip knife in hot water and remove residue with a paper towel. Repeat if necessary.
See books created by our team in the Myria shop!