Enjoy some frightening fun with these eye-catching Bloodshot Eyeball Cupcakes.
Drag a toothpick dipped in red food color along the white frosting to draw the “bloodshot” lines.
Bloodshot Eyeball Cupcakes recipe
- 1 package (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- McCormick Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Assorted decorations, such as red ring-shaped candies or gum drops and black candy-coated pieces
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to batter.
Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Frost cupcakes. Place a ring-shaped candy or sliced gum drop in the middle of each cupcake for the iris. Attach a candy-coated piece with some frosting for the pupil.
Place small amount of red food color in a disposable paper cup. Using a toothpick, draw “bloodshot” lines in the white frosting. Or, tint any remaining white frosting red with red food color. Spoon frosting into small resealable plastic bag. Snip a small corner from bag. Pipe frosting to create the bloodshot lines.
Makes 24 cupcakes