Inspired by Halloween’s signature candy, these bright candy corn cupcakes feature vibrant layers of orange and yellow cake topped with creamy white frosting and sprinkles.
America’s favorite fall treat is recreated as a cupcake. Tint batter before baking with yellow and orange food colors. Decorate cupcakes with frosting and candy corns for a yellow and orange treat from the inside out.
Candy corn cupcakes recipe
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Assorted decorations, such as yellow and orange sprinkles, colored sugar and candy corn
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Divide batter in half. Tint one batch yellow with 1/3 teaspoon yellow food color. Tint second batch orange with 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color and 1/8 teaspoon red food color.
Fill each paper-lined muffin cup 1/3 full with yellow batter. Gently add orange batter on top of yellow batter, filling each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Decorate as desired with sprinkles, colored sugar and candy corn.
Makes 24 cupcakes