These south-of-the-border flavors in this chipotle mashed potatoes marry well with a chili-rubbed turkey and cornbread dressing.
Chipotle mashed potatoes recipe
- 3 medium (5 to 6-ounce) white potatoes
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
- 1 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
Leave skin on or peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
Place potato pieces in medium pot and pour over enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 minute to dry. Mash with potato masher or fork.
Mix in milk, cheese, chipotle peppers, cumin and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 136 Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 224mg Vitamin C: 8% Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Potassium: 388mg