Oregano and rosemary are a dynamic duo when it comes to antioxidants, and they add savory seasoning to a chunky corn and potato chowder.
Corn and potato chowder recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Rosemary Leaves
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 McCormick Bay Leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add bacon; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 6 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour, garlic powder, oregano and rosemary. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir broth into saucepan until well mixed. Add potatoes and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk and corn. Bring to simmer. (Do not boil.) Simmer 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Discard bay leaves. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Nutritional information (amount per serving)
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings