These gingerbread men cookies — or gingerbread women/people/human, cookies — are as cute as can be.
If you like, decorate with raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons. Or, simply pipe untinted or colorful royal icing onto the cookies.
Gingerbread people cookies
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons McCormick Ginger, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Nutmeg, Ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well-mixed.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired. (Get a Royal Icing recipe here.) Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
Makes 2 dozen or 24 (1 cookie) servings
Nutritional information (amount per serving)