Smooth white chocolate and refreshing peppermint combine in a this easy peppermint bark recipe for a candy-striped confection that looks and tastes like the holidays.
Create a super-festive candy gift by also making a batch colored with green instead of red!
Easy peppermint bark recipe
1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
8 drops McCormick Red Food Color
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies OR 1/2 cup candy canes
- Microwave chocolate chips in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Add food color, drop by drop, over mixture. Using a wooden skewer, swirl color through chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing lightly into chocolate with spatula.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into irregular pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Substitute 12 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely-chopped, for the white chocolate chips.
- Before sprinkling on the peppermint candies, sift the crushed candies through a fine strainer to remove any ultra-fine, dust-like pieces.
Makes 12 servings of 2 to 3 pieces each
Nutritional information (amount per serving)