Add some pizzazz to basic mashed potatoes with herbs. Here we’ve added rosemary and parsley to these garlic rosemary mashed potatoes, but you can also try thyme, tarragon or sage.
Garlic rosemary mashed potatoes recipe
- 2 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper. Mash with potato masher, gradually adding milk, then butter. Stir in parsley.
Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings