Quick tips: How to think faster & how to work fast
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
In this go-go-go business world, how can you come up with ideas fast, and get things done more quickly?
If speed is your need, here are some tips you might try. We can’t back up all the science, but even without verification of every fact, some of these ideas might just help you have more lightbulb moments, or make it a little easier to get your work done with time to spare.
Infographic: How to think faster
1. Say, “Yes, and…” — first principle of improv comedy.
2. Work with the first thought that comes to mind — it is there for a reason.
3. If the other side is silent, let the silence be, don’t feel like you have to fill in.
4. Relax your jaw, your mouth may talk on its own — body intelligence.
5. Repeat something several times while you are thinking.
6. Listen to your gut — it thinks faster than your brain.
7. Visualize your knee jerk — now produce a “mind jerk.”