Need a simple yet elegant dessert to serve guests? This recipe for Raspberry Shortbread Bars might be just what you’re looking for!
These buttery shortbread cookie bars feature a perfectly tart filling, and are topped with a sweet and flavorful glaze.
Raspberry Shortbread Bars dessert recipe
For the filling:
- 12 oz fresh Naturipe raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Chambord black raspberry liqueur
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
For the crust:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Chambord
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan, then line with parchment paper.
4. Cream the butter, sugar, and salt in a standing mixer on medium high speed until well blended and fluffy, around 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla, and then the flour. Blend until the mixture has a crumbly texture, and there is no dry flour remaining.
5. Press 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of the pan gently with your fingers, ensuring it completely covers the bottom of the pan.
6. Spread the raspberries and any juice evenly across the layer of dough. Crumble the remaining dough between your fingers over the top of the raspberries.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
8. Cool the squares in the pan until firm enough to lift out using the parchment paper. Finish cooling on a rack.
9. Slice into bars. Shortly before serving, combine the Chambord and cornstarch to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over each of the bars, letting a little run over the edges and on to the plate.
Prep time: 25 minutes / Cook time: 45 minutes / Total time: 70 minutes