Roasting the cauliflower, portobello mushrooms and red bell pepper brings out rich caramelized flavor in this antioxidant-rich roasted cauliflower and mushroom soup.
Roasted cauliflower and mushroom soup recipe
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (2-inch pieces)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Cumin, Ground
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Toss cauliflower, mushrooms and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle with thyme and cumin. Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add vegetable mixture, broth and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings