Full of health-promoting antioxidants, this pasta bake recipe delivers all the flavors of lasagna in less than half the preparation and baking time.
Serve it with crusty sourdough rolls and a tossed green salad.
Tomato Florentine pasta bake recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Red Pepper, Crushed
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F. Cook turkey and onion in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder and red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package; drain well. Stir pasta and well-drained spinach into sauce until well-mixed.
Spread 1/2 of the pasta mixture in 11×7-inch baking dish. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings